Friday, April 24, 2009

We took off from Chatfield campground on Wednesday morning headed to Buffalo, Wyoming. I found out that pulling 11,000 lbs plus with a Ram truck is fine when you’re in Indiana. When one pulls the same unit thru northern Colorado and Wyoming it is a totally different story. We were doing pretty good coming out of Colorado, but when we hit Wyoming we also hit head winds that played a major role in me stopping for fuel more often than I wanted to. I was able to run the 60mph I was planning on till I hit the wind. Boy what a difference a little wind makes. I was able to run 50+ with overdrive off till I hit one of many long steep grades, then down to 45+. I was beginning to think the ole Ram was dying on me. We really had no idea how strong the wind was until we stopped for fuel and the dust bowl kept us from seeing each other. We spent the night in a cg between Casper and Buffalo.

Next morning was a totally different story. No wind we ran 65 most of the way with the cruise on. Everything was fine till we got into the Big Horn Mts. Area. Leaving Sheridan Wyoming heading west to Bozeman, Montana we had good times and we had some bad times. There were a lot more steep grades with head winds really hitting us hard. We got as far as Livingston, Mt and decided to stop. We stopped not because of the wind but a major snow storm decided to greet us 30 miles before we got to Bozeman. We got the camper pulled in, opened it up and came inside. The last time I went out to the truck there was at least 3-4 inches of snow on the ground. For now we’re staying put and will wait and see what the next few days brings our way. Everything is going great and we’re having a great time. Even camping in 3-4 inches of snow can be an adventure. One thing is for sure, we aren’t going to change it. It’s Thursday night about 8:30 and I was going to put this online except it’s snowing so hard I can’t get a wifi signal. Maybe tomorrow!

Well its tomorrow and we woke up to 8-10 inches of snow. Went to the library , which is where I’m at now. Gonna send my pics and update the blog. Be here for a few days then heading to West Yellowstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment