Thursday, April 16, 2009

Well I was right, the next 3 weeks flew by and here we are starting our adventure. First we decided to let Aaron and Laura use some of our stuff, such as a couch and recliner that weighed in around 500 lbs combined weight. Add those items and some shop tools we had a load to take to him. All went well until the “loading part”, by the time Cindy and I loaded up everything we were ready for a week’s vacation doing absolutely nothing. We then headed to Aaron and Laura's house to visit and drop off the load of stuff. Thankfully we had two more people to help us with the unloading. By the time we finally took the couch and recliner to the basement I offered to sell everything to them on the 50 year plan, just so I would not have to go through all the back aches again. Unfortunately they did not take my offer serious or they just love to endure pain in moving furniture. After a nice but short visit we said our tearful goodbyes and headed home.

The next weekend we went and visited with Cindy’s father and brother and delivered more furniture to their homes. I know your thinking we must not have anything left in the house, well you’re pretty close in being right. We celebrated our Easter dinner with them on Sunday , April 5th, at Golden Corral. Went back to the house and had a nice visit with them and then said our goodbyes.

The following Tuesday we had the pleasure of going out to dinner with all of my brother and sisters so they could bid their farewells to us, and just to let all of you know we were very appreciative of the offer to do this. We had a very nice evening with all of them. On Wednesday the 8th the funeral home had a pitch-in lunch for us. I officially got out of the funeral home employment on Monday the 6th. I will have to say leaving the people I have worked with for the past 5 1/2 years was a lot more difficult than leaving the people at Chrysler (with the exceptions of a few). I have enjoyed working with everyone there and I can tell you that I will miss them all very much. My oldest son Jim and his family is going to move in and take care of the house for us. Well guess what, on Wednesday afternoon he came down with a Penske truck loaded with their things. Thursday morning early we got up and unloaded the truck, (and I thought I was done moving things and having a backache).

Cindy and I left home on Thursday afternoon with more tearful goodbyes and headed to Wichita to spend some time with David. We planned on visiting him Sunday thru Wednesday, his days off. Well sometimes well made plans do not always happen. He called us a day or two before we left, only to tell us his boss was transferred to Ohio and he had to manage the store for the next two weeks by himself. We arrived in Wichita on Friday and went to his apartment to see him (he took some time off to meet us there) Oh, I forgot to tell you we had one more opportunity to move furniture. We delivered his bed he left behind in Indiana, queen size mattress and box springs, headboard and rails. The next few days we spent whatever time was available for us to see him. We headed out of Wichita on Wednesday with more tearful goodbyes, bound for Denver to visit Randy and his family.

We arrived in Denver on Thursday, April 16. We got the camper set up and here we are ready to visit for a few days before leaving for Yellowstone. Oh, I forgot to tell you, Randy calls when we were just getting ready to enter Colorado. He wanted to know what our time of arrival might be. We received the good news that Denver was expecting around 10 inches of snow in the next couple of days. Well I get online and find that tonight maybe 2-4, Friday up to 10” and Friday night maybe another 4-6. I guess we get to see what its like to camp in Denver in the middle of the winter. Well its now 10:40 Denver time, gee thats 12:40 in Indian and I'm still up. Until next time its “On The Road Again”

No comments:

Post a Comment