Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Aaron & Laura Visit!

Well the summer is winding down and we had our last visitors. Our son Aaron, and his fiancée Laura (yes I typed it right, his fiancé) came to visit this last week. For those of you who haven’t heard, he proposed to her a couple of weeks ago. I’ll have to say he’s defiantly a romantic when it comes to this stuff. Actually he was in New Orleans on business and he had Laura to fly down to spend a few days with him. I’ll let you read his blog so you can get all the details.




We’ve had a great visit with them the past 5 days. They wanted to see some of Yellowstone and do some hiking so our first day in the park we took a hike on a trail called Purple Mountain Trail at Madison Junction, elevation at trailhead 6830ft. The trail was 3 miles up and 3 miles back with an elevation rise of 1500 feet, 8300 ft at the top. It was rated as moderate strenuous and the part of strenuous was correct. The hike took Cindy and I 2 hours to make it to the top (I think Laura could have done it in 1 hour or less). We did appreciate the fact they waited on the old people during the hike. Had it not been for the fact of Laura going ahead and finding the end of the trail, I think the I was ready to call it quits. She came back with great news we were only 15 minutes or less from the top and let me say I’m sure glad we continued on. The view from there was just outstanding.





The next day we done the hike up the Contour Road and climbed to the highest point there, again the view was outstanding and the hike back down took it’s toll on my legs, I actually felt pretty good after the Purple Mt. hike, but the short hike up Contour Road sure did cause me some leg cramps and aches and pain. We went fishing with Kevin and Aaron caught him a nice one. Monday we took a hike to Mystic Falls, beautiful walk and falls. Came back set around the campground and visited. Tuesday morning Aaron and I went fishing and caught a couple of nice ones. Tuesday evening we went out again and had the best evening yet, caught 3 real nice fish within 45 minutes. Came back to the campsite, ate some food and Laura got a call from her dad. Someone had broken into their home early on Sunday morning (along with 4 other homes in the area); thankfully all they took was a couple of computers and some loose change Laura had been saving up. We got up Wednesday morning and headed to the airport for them to head back to Wisconsin. We came back home and I went out fishing with Ed Iverson and we finally caught our first fish together, real nice 18-inch rainbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment